.ME Registry, the company that operates .ME domain
- ME-net is a Montenegrin company with a long history in the ICT sector in Montenegro, which includes successful privatization of the country’s largest ISP.
- GoDaddy is the world’s largest domain name registrar and the largest paid w
ebhost provider in North America.
- Afilias is a leading registry services provider that supports more than 13 million domains worldwide.
How Did we Get .ME?
It all started shortly after Montenegro gained independence in June of
Understanding that the word “ME” has a deep meaning and mass appeal in multiple languages, the government of Montenegro embarked on generalizing
The public-private cooperation agreement was signed in March 24th 2008 for a period of 5 years and extended in March 2013 for another 10 years.
It’s important to note that even though .ME has opened its doors to the world to everyone wanting to secure the most personal domain name for themselves, there are third level domains opened only for Montenegrin people, such as co.me, net.me, org.me, priv.me, and its.me.
Our Mission and Vision
Right from the beginning, we embarked on a journey to
We tried to achieve that by running the company with passion and heart. We consider ourselves intrapreneurs rather than employees and we practice what we preach – we make our jobs personal and want to make sure that
To be the No. 1 personal domain name on the Internet.
We are dedicated to making .ME a safe neighborhood, one free from abuse, so that our users may focus on creating online identities that are true reflections of themselves and as unique as they are. There is a personal domain for everyone and our mission is to help individuals create their space online.
Values We Stand For
Making business personal. The idea of .ME being the most personal domain on the web goes deeper than its inherent meaning; it’s connected to the relationships we as a company nurture with our business partners and users. We pride ourselves on making our business human by removing barriers between our registry and .ME domain holders.
Giving back to the community. Whether it is about teaching middle-school children how to code, organizing pitching workshops for startups, or awarding scholarships to gifted students, we believe that sharing knowledge is the most efficient way to individual and collective progress. While our CSR efforts are primarily focused on our home country of Montenegro, we try to be as active as possible in all .ME communities around the world.
Corporate and Social Responsibility
We have done our best to promote Montenegro and to take part in its development by being an active member of its community. As one of the leading companies in the IT sector of Montenegro, we are concentrated on raising awareness about the importance of ICT and equipping its community, especially young people, with tools necessary to acquire ICT related knowledge.
Our CSR strategy is based on three major pillars:
- Educating young people in a way that teaches them how to code and inspire them to pursue a career in tech.
- Introducing the benefits of the digital world for Montenegrins, their businesses, and everyday life.
- Sharing our experiences, contacts, and know-how to support our colleagues in the tech industry in Montenegro, and our friends and partners to develop their ideas further.