Size does matter, that’s the simple truth. If you’ve ever gone on an on-line shopping spree and felt the bitter pang of disappointment when your spanking new clothes did not fit, you are painfully aware of that.
But fear not, EasySize.Me is here to help you size yourself up and navigate through the many confusing sizing systems. The best thing is, you don’t even have to look through your grandma’s sewing kit to find that measuring tape she keeps around. All you need is an iPhone and two snapshots.
EasySize.Me does exactly what the name says – it takes your measurements to determine your clothes size. You can forget about fussing with measuring tape and wondering if you’re doing it right. All this iPhone app requires you to do is take two photos of yourself and it will take your measurements from the images. Let’s get started with these five easy steps.
1. First thing is first, get the EasySize App. It is free to download and available through iTunes App Store.
2. As you start your app for the first time, you will see a camera button. Before you take a picture, the app will ask you to state your gender or the gender of the person you wish to shop for. Now it’s time to take make some photos.
3. If you decide to take new photographs, the app will show you how to pose for the pictures for optimal results. You need two full body photos and the app will show you contours to help position yourself. For the first photo you have to face the camera with your arms stretched out. The other should be from the side, with your arms up and in front of you. If you already have such photos in your phone’s gallery, you can simply upload them.
4. Your en-face photo will show up first, along with a little violet ruler. Drag the ruler to the body part indicated in the little grey field over the picture so the app can take your measurements. Repeat the whole process with the second photo and voilà! Your measurements are ready and can be viewed in inches and centimeters.
You can now create your profile, so you have your measurements at the ready whenever you feel the need to shop! If you plan to shop for other people, like your family and friends, you can create profiles for them too!
5. All you need to do now is pick a category. You want your jeans, shirt, skirt, dress, raincoat, briefs or bra size? Just go through the items in model view as they hang the virtual closet or browse them as lists. When you pick the item, the app will list your size in 5 different international size systems, as well as show corresponding sizes for different popular brands like Quiksilver, Roxy, DC, Nike, Puma, Intimissimi, Calzedonia, TopShop/TopMan, ASOS, GAP and American Apparel.
There you go, five short steps and you’re done! The whole process takes minutes the first time and only a few seconds once you create your profile. The app is now available for iPhone, but Windows Phone and Android versions are on the way and will be launched sometime in Autumn.
If you have a web-shop, you can make it easier on your customers and get a special EasySize e-commerce tool for your on-line store. This tool can be easily integrated with your existing website and mobile app via an API. That way, all of your users could simply determine their clothing size on your page. That means less returns and fuss both for you and your customers!
Did you get your app? Good. Now ready, steady… SHOP!