Human activity influences our surroundings heavily, and while we have the best intentions of being eco-friendly, we often tend to fall short. This is partly due to the fact that being eco-minded takes some work and knowledge. Sure, you know that you shouldn’t leave the water running when you brush your teeth, or that you shouldn’t leave the lights on when you leave the room, but anything more than than is a mental strain that we like to ignore or avoid.
This is one of the reasons why we love Ecoisme here – it makes it easier for us to care about the environment and things like energy consumption because it makes it easier for us to understand it and take control over it. Not to mention that it can actually save you money, and I’m pretty sure that’s going to be one of its strongest selling points.
But lets take it from the top – what is Ecoisme?
Plainly put, it is a single device for your home that lets you track and optimize energy consumption in your home.
What Can It Do For Me?
Now, if you’re not an engineer or really into energy saving, this might seem a bit abstract, so here are a few plain and simple reasons you need this in your life:
- It not only tracks your energy consumption, but it also advises you on how to save energy – and I don’t mean the usual “turn off the lights when you leave the room” sort of thing. Ecoisme analyzes your home and warns you of how much power your gadgets and other electronics consume and lets you know what bad habits or inefficient appliances you should kick to the curb.
- It’s super simple. Setting up your Ecoisme sensor is safe and easy, and takes less than 10 minutes. You just put a clamp on your main power line and insert the plug into the power socket. When you plug in a new appliance to your grid, just switch it on and off a few times, and the system will immediately recognize it – it’s easier than setting a VCR clock.
- There is an app for that. Ecoisme shows your home’s power efficiency in a manner everyone can understand, and it does so via web or mobile apps.
- Apps mean notifications. Notifications like – you left your iron on. Seriously, how many times have you wished for this feature?
- It requires just one sensor – that’s all it takes, no fussing around setting different peripheries with different appliances.
- …but it also plays well with others. NEST®, WeMo® or other smart devices – Ecoisme will integrate with them
- Last but not least, with Ecoisme, it is possible to save up to 15% of electricity every month!
Ecoisme is currently featured on Indiegogo, where it has already reached its first goal – $50 000. However, there are a few stretch goals left, so let’s get it there and make our homes a little smarter, and our environment better.