In a study conducted by Google, researchers found that users judge a website within 1/50th – 1/20th of a second, but also that “visually complex” websites are consistently rated as less beautiful than simple websites. In other words, the conclusion of the study was “The simpler, the better”.
Even though complex websites with dozens of tabs can look alluring – simple, beautiful, and informative web pages with intuitive navigation make the best first impression.
5 Advantages Of A One-Pager
1. A responsive “One-page-scroll” is one of the biggest trends in website develpment in 2015. It’s reasonable to assume that in the next few years, most simple websites will switch to the “scroll” design.
2. This unique concept of making web pages throws out additional sub-pages, to eliminate as many unnecessary steps and clicks as possible. The aim is to create an unimpeded view for the user, without any need for additional steps to direct their attention to the relevant and important content.
3. One-pagers call for action – interactive pages are browsed with ease and pleasure, and are also time-saving for the visitor. That is the perfect set-up to achieve your goal – get the user interested in your offer.
4. This design simplifies the message – the space is “limited” to one page, which directs you to weed out the irrelevant information, and stress what’s important. This design allows you to become a more effective communicator.
5. Designs like Skrollaj.Me are instinctive – scrolling is the reflex user behavior today. With careful and calculated sequence of elements, links and facilities, it is easier to entice the visitors to take the action you wish for.
Focus On What’s Important
Skrollaj.Me (meaning, simply, “scroll me”) is a simple and modern web solution for small clients who need an attractive web page at an affordable price, and on a short deadline.
The design provides the perfect balance between information and visual experience for the site visitors, with no additional (or unnecessary) steps and clicks. Through a manageable, informative webpage made to suit their browsing habits, the user gets all the information needed to make a decision.
The time that the end user is willing to devote to a web site is getting shorter, so the web content and design should focus on what is important – and this is the motto of SKROLLAJ.Me!
Skrollaj.me is created for smaller businesses, whose website is a digital business card or a point of sales, and whose stories can be beautifully and effectively told through several “screens”.
There are some DIY tools that can be used to create one-pagers, but Domagoj points out that these solutions are somewhat lacking:
Instead of “do it yourself” solutions that clients sometimes initially look for, and which ultimately always offer incomplete and inadequate product, we offer a full service: counseling and helping the client choose a domain, hosting, preparing and setting up the web and SEO package, and we also offer one year of maintenance.
But Skrollaj.me is more than crafting a web page. The service includes a personal approach to each client. “And we’re not just saying that – it is really like that!”, says Domagoj:
We take care of the servers, help the client configure their e-mail address, and we make sure that the page has all the latest scripts ( fast galleries, newest Google Analytics code, updated Google Maps, high-quality connection with social networks, we are working on optimizing load-speed and the page itself).
So, are you already convinced that a one-pager is the right choice for you? Go check out Skrollaj.Me to get a grip of how simple, informative and effective this design can be.