Our premium domain report for 2021 is finally here! We are proud to announce that the demand for .ME premium names grew throughout 2021 which is one more indicator of the necessity of taking a business online and making customer relations more personal.
Also, from now on, the .ME premium domain report will be produced bi-annually so expect news from the .ME premium kitchen every six months.
Premium Domain Sales – facts and figures
The data below applies to the period from January 1st, 2021 to December 31st, 2021 and includes the facts and figures on .ME premium domains created with registrars. Premium domains registered through our .ME Premium Domain Program are NOT included.
- The total numbers of premium .ME domains registered – 72
- Total revenue – 694,500 EUR. [*excluding the registrar’s margin which is usually from 15% to 25%].
- Notable companies that registered .ME premium domains include Work.ME registered by Meta (former Facebook, Inc.), ZM.ME registered by Zoom and Confide.ME registered by AvePoint, a five-time winner of the Microsoft Partner of the Year award.
- Some of the premium domains are already up and running such as: Pass.ME (app for verifying COVID test results via QR code), EM.ME (the world’s first decentralized and fully auditable real-time liquidity marketplace), Rebate.ME (automated cashback from over 2,500 stores). Release.ME (A platform that assists Sellers with selling ‘off the plan’ real estate).
- The top registrars – GoDaddy (37 domains), NameCheap (11 domains), Gandi (7 domains) and Key-Systems and PSI-USA (3 domains each).
- Top countries – the United States (51 domain), Proxy (11 domains), and Russia and Germany (2 domains each).
- The total number of 1&2 character domains – 21
- Total number of three-character domains – 6
What To Expect in 2022?
Super short domains (1&2 characters) remain our “best sellers” and are becoming an important asset for any business that is planning to utilize a memorable URL shortener for increasing brand awareness. Although they come at a steeper price tag, the sheer number of short-link impressions justifies the investment in brand building, and it is logical to expect that the number of 1&2 character domain registrations would increase. After all, nothing says Facebook and WordPress like FB.ME and WP.ME.
Want to check if a premium .ME domain is still available? Run a search at our homepage or in the box below.