In a desire to develop an effective health program that helps individuals quickly and accurately assess and monitor certain aspects of their health (enabling them to know when to take action and schedule a prompt doctor’s appointment), Wellpoint Group decided to bring something completely revolutionary to the market – the Wellpoint health kiosks and Well.Me digital health platform.
Both the kiosk and the app work in unison to promote the health and wellbeing of people across the globe.
How does this all work?
The process is quite simple – first, an individual inputs their own health metrics, including their weight and body mass index (BMI), body fat, blood pressure, and heart rate, by using the Wellpoint health kiosk.
Once you complete the screening process, you can access the results online with the help of the Well.Me app. The app is available across all smart devices. In fact, not only can users check their metrics, but they can also set their health and wellbeing goals, gain more insight into their health and obtain some additional medical information, as well as connect with their friends and colleagues who are also using the app.
What is Wellpoint health kiosk?
The Wellpoint health kiosk is a sophisticated machine which enables its users to acquire their health metrics by themselves, without having to make an appointment with their physician. The kiosk will guide, advise, and prompt the user in case their results suggest they need to take action and visit a health professional.
The Wellpoint kiosk is very intuitive and easy-to-use by anyone, even people who have no previous training or knowledge. You just have to follow a set of pretty clear instructions and the screening process will be finished in no time. What’s more, you can use the kiosk whenever you want, and the results you get are entirely confidential.
Are you still questioning the advantages of this state-of-the-art system? Well then, what if we told you that the whole screening process takes only four and a half minutes per person?
Yes, you read that correctly – it takes literally less than five minutes to take care of your health, so our busy lives and the lack of time should no longer be used as an excuse.
The kiosk provides the following health information:
- Weight and BMI – Maintaining a healthy weight is important for your overall health, and the kiosk not only measures your current weight but it also gives you much-needed information on your body mass index, teaching you about your most optimal weight range.
- Body fat percentage – Measuring the number of fat cells in your body, gives you greater insight into your weight and fitness levels, especially when you combine these findings with your BMI results.
- Blood pressure – Since high blood pressure is linked with stroke and cardiovascular diseases, knowing your blood pressure is crucial when it comes to CVD prevention. Once the kiosk measures your blood pressure, it will inform you of the results and your ideal range, as well as warn you if your blood pressure is higher than it should be.
- Heart rate – Heart rate indicates the number of times your heart beats in a minute which serves to assess your fitness levels.
- CVD risk – A specially designed questionnaire, together with the rest of your health metrics, assess the risk of cardiovascular disease in the following 10 years period.
- Heart age – This metric takes into account your heart disease risk and, if it is low, your heart age will be considered lower than your actual age, indicating that your heart is healthy and that you’re less likely to suffer any heart disease in the foreseeable future.
Once you receive your results (by email, SMS, or on a printout) and register on the Wellpoint kiosk, you’ll be able to access your health history, read additional health-related articles and materials (brought to you by NHS) and monitor your progress in time.
And what makes all of this so much easier is the Well.Me app!
What is Well.Me app?
Well.Me is a digital health platform that enables you to access all your Wellpoint health kiosk results via your smart device.
As the name already suggests, the service is designed to give you a unique and highly personal health experience (after all, nothing speaks personal more than a cleverly used .ME domain).
This powerful app gives you an opportunity to review your results and see how they relate to the recommended values. It also grants you access to your health history so that you can see your progress over time.
In addition, Well.Me allows you to set your health, lifestyle, and wellbeing goals, such as shedding those few extra pounds or lowering your blood pressure. You can easily monitor your progress and see how much time it takes you to meet your target.
And in case you’re a competitive person and are always up for a good challenge, you’re in for a wild ride – Well.Me gives you an opportunity to compete against other users and win by completing various health challenges. Can you imagine staying healthy and having fun at the same time? Dope, right?
A specially designed chat room called The Pulse, gives you an opportunity to talk about your lifestyle, wellbeing, and health, seek encouragement from the community. Also, you can discuss your Wellpoint experiences, see what other users have to say and give them your support.
The Wellpoint health kiosks, together with the Well.Me digital health platform, plays a vital role in enhancing people’s health and wellbeing by enabling them to track certain health metrics and notifying them if some aspects of their health need to be taken care of by a professional.
Kudos for the Wellpoint health team and keep up the good work!